Wednesday 11 July 2012

Apple and Cinnamon Muffins!

After drooling over the wonderful creations by the lovely Rachel, the baking bug hit me. I love cooking (if you follow me on Instagram or know me, you know this) but baking is where it really began for me. Started with cookies and I never really looked back.

So let’s get to it my fellow baking enthusiasts, I followed a basic apple and cinnamon muffin recipe but tweaked it a little.

Ingredients

3 Cups Plain Flour
3/4 Cups Caster Sugar
3/4 Cups Brown Sugar
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk
2/3 Unsalted Butter, melted
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 or 2 Cooking Apple(s).
1/2 Cup Ground Almonds (optional)*
Handful of chopped Walnuts (optional)*

Method

  • Pre Heat oven to 190C.
  • Chop the apple(s) into small bite sized pieces.
  • *Place into dry pan and let it cook, add 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon and ¼ cup of the brown sugar to add moisture – cook for 10minutes, stirring occasionally. When they are done remove from heat and let cool.
  • Whilst the apples are cooking, add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl – that is flour, caster sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ground almonds, chopped walnuts. Mix those.
  • Add the wet ingrients now – that is milk, butter, eggs, apples. Mix.
  • Add into muffin holders. And put into the oven to cook for 25minutes.

N.B

You can also add raisins or dry fruit depending on your preferences. I would have but I didn’t have any =(.
You could also try using an apple sauce or normal eating apples along with the cooking apples.
I used muffin cases which gave me 13 muffins, but you could use cupcake cases which would probably give you around double if not more.


Result

I’m really pleased with how they turned out considering this is the first time I have tried this recipe. There was something missing for my liking but I think it was some raisins and maybe some normal cooking apples to add something else to the taste. They aren’t too sweet which is really nice. I can honestly say these will get devoured by me within the next few days. =D yes, yes, I know, I’m a fatty…oohh well!

What’s your favourite flavoured muffin? =) x

(*) represent my little tweaks =)

4 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! And look soo yummy, I may have to use this recipe sometime :)
    Lemon is my favourite muffin, with lemon curd in the middle, mmm :) xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =D looking at your delicious baked treats made me want to bake again! Haven't done it such a long time! Mmm Lemon Muffins!! =) xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a message! They make such a difference! =) please come back as I do reply! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...